Starboard Starbaord 18'6" X 60" X 8" Astro Starship
“The Starship is the ultimate 6 to 8 person team boards.”
With plenty of volume to accommodate up to 8 people, a perfect slender nose outline and a low entry rocker, the Starship is designed for maximum stability and cruising efficiency. The Starship is a great option for families and friends to have one board that everyone can use and enjoy together, whether its surfing, exploring or just having fun on the water. It’s also a perfect tool for team building, as a Starship race requires coordination and communication to win
.A thrilling experience that MUST be tried.
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Max Rider Wgt:|
- 6.0” (150mm) dropstitch creates our stiffest technology. ** The Astro Deluxe Widepoint 8’2 and Converse 9’0 use a 4.0″ (100mm) dropstitch to create the best rail definition for making the board more performant in surf.
- Deck and bottom have high strength, 0.5mm 1000 Denier laminate over a uni-directional 250 Denier dropstitch material, delivering optimum stiffness at light weight.
- Rails with 0.5mm 500 Denier polyester plain weave, for 100% air tightness covered by robust bi-axial 0.7mm 1000 Denier polyester mesh, for additional stiffness.
- 2015 rails are 70% thicker and stronger than the 2014 Astro rails.
- The parabolic compression band in the critical deck edge area, creates a curved edge, increasing stiffness with little weight penalty.
- For more stiffness, a dual stringer on the most compressive area of the deck.
- The short Starboard Astro US box helps to roll up the board as tight as possible.
- The side fin boxes will fit our standard removable Surfinz or your favourite FCS fins.
- The high grade EVA deck pad has a 4mm thick square groove in the standing area and a 2mm thick aft section, all the way to the rail of the board.