Starboard 9'6'' X 36'' Astro Stream Deluxe
“Mind-blowing performance for whitewater paddling”
Designed with Dan Gavere who researched the outline and rocker profile to help make this the best choice for entry level and experienced paddlers. A stable, progressive, and bullet proof board that takes a first timer from navigating basic class 1 and 2 rapids to the ultimate in whitewater and river running performance.
The dual walled side rail construction gives it the bomber feel and this combined with the sandwich laminated biaxial composite stringer makes for an amazingly rigid board, which is further enhanced by our rail torsion band, allowing for zero twisting flex. The compact design and massive amount of volume at 387 liters, makes the Stream great for heavier paddlers and big water by keeping the board planing over the boils and eddy line swirls. A deep concave into flat and slight v out the tail makes it fun to surf and doesn’t catch or “trip on the rail” as you exit and enter eddies. The fin system, configuration, and fi n boxes have been modified for 2015 and we have gone to a low profile, removable quad fin system to offer the ultimate in turning performance. Forward positioning on the fins further enhances whitewater performance for eddy turns, shallow water clearance, and river wave surfing.
Equipped with deck bungee’s, handles on all four corners and center along with the convenient stern and bow (hull mounted) stainless D-Ring for easy towing or line portaging rapids.
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Max Rider Wgt:|
|9’6”||36”||6.0”||24.2”||387 L||105 kg|
- 6.0” (150mm) dropstitch creates our stiffest technology. ** The Astro Deluxe Widepoint 8’2 and Converse 9’0 use a 4.0″ (100mm) dropstitch to create the best rail definition for making the board more performant in surf.
- Deck and bottom have high strength, 0.5mm 1000 Denier laminate over a uni-directional 250 Denier dropstitch material, delivering optimum stiffness at light weight.
- Rails with 0.5mm 500 Denier polyester plain weave, for 100% air tightness covered by robust bi-axial 0.7mm 1000 Denier polyester mesh, for additional stiffness.
- 2015 rails are 70% thicker and stronger than the 2014 Astro rails.
- The parabolic compression band in the critical deck edge area, creates a curved edge, increasing stiffness with little weight penalty.
- For more stiffness, a dual stringer on the most compressive area of the deck.
- The short Starboard Astro US box helps to roll up the board as tight as possible.
- The side fin boxes will fit our standard removable Surfinz or your favourite FCS fins.
- The high grade EVA deck pad has a 4mm thick square groove in the standing area and a 2mm thick aft section, all the way to the rail of the board.