Starboard 8'2" X 32" Wide Point Ast Electric Blue
“Small board agility for the not so small bodies.”
This short and stable board rapidly became a much loved favorite for its ability to provide agility for larger bodies.
Fine rails forward provide sensitivity when setting your rail and in cutbacks, while a thicker blockier tail rail produces acceleration and drive in turns.
The mono-concave bottom shape gives lift and a flat rocker in the middle of the board for speed, whilst maintaining rail curve for tight pocket turning.
Stable fast and agile. The ultimate big-man ripper.
*AST Electric has windsurf option.
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Max Rider Wgt:|
|8’2”||32”||3.9”||20.2”||123 L||90 kg|
|248.9 cm||81.3 cm||9.8 cm||51.3 cm|
MOST MODELS ARE WINDSURFABLE.
- The Advanced Sandwich Technology has a 15 kg/m3 fused cell core for light weight and increased water resistance.
- A three-dimensional glass laminate is wetted out with high grade expanding epoxy resin, creating a thicker impact resistant outer skin with increased overall hull strength.
- A 500 kg/m3 veneer of 0.6mm uni-directional Australian Pine forms an outer layer on the deck resulting in extra impact resistance, rigidity and further improved overall hull integrity.
- 300 grams uni-directional glass stringers are laminated flat on the deck and wrapped on fore rails in front of the standing area to support integrity while in surf conditions.
- Extra reinforcements are placed around all inserts, resulting in zero insert damage reports so far.