Starboard 8'2' X 32' Astro Wide Point Deluxe 4"
The Astro Wide Point is a SUP for surfing travelers. It is one of only two boards to feature a unique tail kick, making it easy for “off the top” moves and catching waves
comfortably due to its volume. The Deluxe Technology combined with the shorter length makes this board feel incredibly stiff , heightening its surfi ng performance.
Widepoint Deluxe in 4”
The Astro Widepoint full Deluxe construction including lightweight Dropstitch and center composite stringer that has been produced with shorter spacing Yarns at 4’’ (10cm) to have a thinner board that is more performant for the Surf.
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Max Rider Wgt:|
|8’2”||32”||4.0”||19.9”||130 L||85 kg|
- 6.0” (150mm) dropstitch creates our stiffest technology. ** The Astro Deluxe Widepoint 8’2 and Converse 9’0 use a 4.0″ (100mm) dropstitch to create the best rail definition for making the board more performant in surf.
- Deck and bottom have high strength, 0.5mm 1000 Denier laminate over a uni-directional 250 Denier dropstitch material, delivering optimum stiffness at light weight.
- Rails with 0.5mm 500 Denier polyester plain weave, for 100% air tightness covered by robust bi-axial 0.7mm 1000 Denier polyester mesh, for additional stiffness.
- 2015 rails are 70% thicker and stronger than the 2014 Astro rails.
- The parabolic compression band in the critical deck edge area, creates a curved edge, increasing stiffness with little weight penalty.
- For more stiffness, a dual stringer on the most compressive area of the deck.
- The short Starboard Astro US box helps to roll up the board as tight as possible.
- The side fin boxes will fit our standard removable Surfinz or your favourite FCS fins.
- The high grade EVA deck pad has a 4mm thick square groove in the standing area and a 2mm thick aft section, all the way to the rail of the board.