Starboard 8'0" X 29" Pro Wood
“Predicted to become one of the PRO range favorites.”
Comes into the Pro range for the heavier rider wanting to come down in length from the 8’5” to 8’0”, but found the 8’0” too strenuous due to its width of 28”.
Based closely to the new 8’5”x29’s rocker/outline and mono-concave to V off the tail, it produces instant acceleration down the line, holding effortlessly off the bottom to project you up at the lip vertically or down the line.
Rail turns are tight and driven with the ability to release when the tail is unweighted at the end of a turn.
“Mono-concave to V just at tail”
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Max Rider Wgt:|
|8’0”||29”||3.9”||17.8”||111 L||85 kg|
|243.8 cm||73.7 cm||10.0 cm||45.1 cm|
THE ORIGINAL WOOD TECHNOLOGY SINCE 1994.
- 15 kg/m3 fused cell core for light weight and increased water resistance.
- A 500 kg/m3 veneer of 0.6mm biaxial Australian Pine forms an outer layer on the deck resulting in extra impact resistance, rigidity and further improved overall hull integrity.
- A three-dimensional glass laminate is wetted out with high grade expanding epoxy resin. This creates a thicker impact resistant outer skin with increased overall hull strength.
- Glass rail reinforcements for extra stiffness against snapping when nose diving.
- Extra reinforcements are placed around all inserts, resulting in zero insert damage reports so far.
- Starboard pioneered molded wood technology in 1994 and first introduced it to their Surf and Windsurfer board lines.