Starboard 12'0" X 28'' Astro Ocean Rescue Deluxe
“The safest and most innovative Ocean Rescue board in its class.”
We proudly present all lifesavers their most important tool. To increase safety and to stay ahead of future regulations, we have created an extra chamber providing more than 150 Newton buoyancy. Even if one chamber punctures, the craft will not sink. We have increased the number of handles for the distressed person to hold from 10 to 12. The handles are made self-standing to ease the usage in any condition. Lifeguards can easily carry the rescued person on top of the board from water to vehicle. The double rail band technology makes the board even more robust with its .5+ .7 mm rail thickness.
The 28” hull is narrow enough for prone paddling and knee paddling. The 6” linear dropstitch construction provides ample stability for stand-up paddling and patrolling. The 12’0” length offers great flat water speed and catches waves well. With its 315 liters it provides massive buoyancy for all types of rescue missions.
The board is robust, durable, light, strong, portable and speedy, all at the same time. Through Innovation and Quality, the Ocean Rescue board is ready to serve its mission with lifesavers worldwide.
Max Rider Wgt:
- 6.0” (150mm) dropstitch creates our stiffest technology. ** The Astro Deluxe Widepoint 8’2 and Converse 9’0 use a 4.0″ (100mm) dropstitch to create the best rail definition for making the board more performant in surf.
- Deck and bottom have high strength, 0.5mm 1000 Denier laminate over a uni-directional 250 Denier dropstitch material, delivering optimum stiffness at light weight.
- Rails with 0.5mm 500 Denier polyester plain weave, for 100% air tightness covered by robust bi-axial 0.7mm 1000 Denier polyester mesh, for additional stiffness.
- 2015 rails are 70% thicker and stronger than the 2014 Astro rails.
- The parabolic compression band in the critical deck edge area, creates a curved edge, increasing stiffness with little weight penalty.
- For more stiffness, a dual stringer on the most compressive area of the deck.
- The short Starboard Astro US box helps to roll up the board as tight as possible.
- The side fin boxes will fit our standard removable Surfinz or your favourite FCS fins.
- The high grade EVA deck pad has a 4mm thick square groove in the standing area and a 2mm thick aft section, all the way to the rail of the board.