Starboard 11'6"X29.5" Paddle For Hope AST Electric
“The Paddle For Hope is a celebration of life. Our goal is to give back some strength and confidence to women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, and give them the chance to start healing through paddleboarding.” – Karin Horen, Paddle For Hope Ambassador.
After removing from breast cancer at the age of 26, SUP fitness instructor and mother-of-three, Karin Horen made a promise to help others on the same journey, and in 2011, together with volunteers and Starboard NZ, Karin initiated the annual Starboard Paddle For Hope charity event; a fun SUP festival to raise money awareness for breast cancer rehabilitation.
In 2014 Karin had breast cancer for the second. She underwent a double mastectomy, chemo and radiotherapy, and reconstructive surgery, all while using paddle-boarding to help her recover.
Starboard will donate 50 Euros from every Paddle For Hope board sold to help people rehabilitate from the effects of cancer through the PaddleOn SUP Rehabilitation Program, facilitated by Pinc and Steel Cancer Rehabilitation Trust <www.pincandsteel.com>
- The board features artwork from The Painted Warrior, by NZ artist Nikki Sorich. In the original painting she sits gracefully in a small paper boat on which is written by her child -“love, hope, courage, faith and family”- words chosen to represent a woman’s journey with breast cancer.
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Suggested Rider
|11’6”||29.5”||6.9”||20.6”||235 L||45-90 kg|
|350.5 cm||74.9 cm||17.5 cm||52.3 cm|
- The Advanced Sandwich Technology has a 15 kg/m3 fused cell core for light weight and increased water resistance.
- A three-dimensional glass laminate is wetted out with high grade expanding epoxy resin, creating a thicker impact resistant outer skin with increased overall hull strength.
- A 500 kg/m3 veneer of 0.6mm uni-directional Australian Pine forms an outer layer on the deck resulting in extra impact resistance, rigidity and further improved overall hull integrity.
- 300 grams uni-directional glass stringers are laminated flat on the deck and wrapped on fore rails in front of the standing area to support integrity while in surf conditions.
- Extra reinforcements are placed around all inserts, resulting in zero insert damage reports so far.