Starboard 11'2" X 36" Avanti Wood
“The board for everybody: the whole family at once (including the dog).”
What was already a very agile board for its grandiose dimensions, has become even more nimble with modifications to its bottom shape. Mirroring the improvements to its stable-mate “the Whopper”, the Avanti developed a heavier V with double concave through the middle of the board enhancing rail-to-rail reactivity and straight line speed. This feeds into a mono-concave tail to accelerate water for increased speed, while also enhancing turning from the back of the board.
Even more so than before, the new Avanti is the ultimate big boy’s board for getting out into the waves with easier fun to be had.
“Mono-double concave to tail concave.”
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Max Rider Wgt:|
|11’2”||36”||4.8”||19.3”||239 L||120 kg|
|340.4 cm||91.4 cm||12.3 cm||48.9 cm|
THE ORIGINAL WOOD TECHNOLOGY SINCE 1994.
- 15 kg/m3 fused cell core for light weight and increased water resistance.
- A 500 kg/m3 veneer of 0.6mm biaxial Australian Pine forms an outer layer on the deck resulting in extra impact resistance, rigidity and further improved overall hull integrity.
- A three-dimensional glass laminate is wetted out with high grade expanding epoxy resin. This creates a thicker impact resistant outer skin with increased overall hull strength.
- Glass rail reinforcements for extra stiffness against snapping when nose diving.
- Extra reinforcements are placed around all inserts, resulting in zero insert damage reports so far.
- Starboard pioneered molded wood technology in 1994 and first introduced it to their Surf and Windsurfer board lines.