Starboard 11'2" X 36" Avanti Starshot Red (Blue Pictured)
“The board for everybody: the whole family at once (including the dog).”
What was already a very agile board for its grandiose dimensions, has become even more nimble with modifications to its bottom shape. Mirroring the improvements to its stable-mate “the Whopper”, the Avanti developed a heavier V with double concave through the middle of the board enhancing rail-to-rail reactivity and straight line speed. This feeds into a mono-concave tail to accelerate water for increased speed, while also enhancing turning from the back of the board.
Even more so than before, the new Avanti is the ultimate big boy’s board for getting out into the waves with easier fun to be had.
“Mono-double concave to tail concave.”
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Max Rider Wgt:|
|11’2”||36”||4.8”||19.3”||239 L||120 kg|
|340.4 cm||91.4 cm||12.3 cm||48.9 cm|
- 20 kg/m3 fused, precision molded Cellcore for extra strength and water resistance.
- Multiple layers of high grade fiberglass is wetted out in epoxy resin, while a standing area of a 0.6mm uni-directional, Australian Pine wood layer is added for extra deck impact resistance and rigidity. All inserts have added reinforcements.
- 360º glass reinforced rails.
- 3/4 deck pads with crocodile skin texture.
- Full gloss rails.
- Our boards are all precision molded and the compression during molding ensures an extra hard, strong and precise outer surface.
- All Starshot models except for 2015 Touring boards are based on previous year shapes.