Starboard 11'2" X 36" Avanti ASAP
“The board for everybody: the whole family at once (including the dog).”
What was already a very agile board for its grandiose dimensions, has become even more nimble with modifications to its bottom shape. Mirroring the improvements to its stable-mate “the Whopper”, the Avanti developed a heavier V with double concave through the middle of the board enhancing rail-to-rail reactivity and straight line speed. This feeds into a mono-concave tail to accelerate water for increased speed, while also enhancing turning from the back of the board.
Even more so than before, the new Avanti is the ultimate big boy’s board for getting out into the waves with easier fun to be had.
“Mono-double concave to tail concave.”
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Max Rider Wgt:|
|11’2”||36”||4.8”||19.3”||239 L||120 kg|
|340.4 cm||91.4 cm||12.3 cm||48.9 cm|
DURABLE, TOUGH AND LIGHT.
- The Advanced Sandwich Technology has a 15 kg/m3 fused cell core for light weight and increased water resistance.
- A three-dimensional glass laminate is wetted out with high grade expanding epoxy resin, creating a thicker impact resistant outer skin with increased overall hull strength.
- A 500 kg/m3 veneer of 0.6mm uni-directional Australian Pine forms an outer layer on the deck resulting in extra impact resistance, rigidity and further improved overall hull integrity.
- 300 grams uni-directional glass stringers are laminated flat on the deck and wrapped on fore rails in front of the standing area to support integrity while in surf conditions.
- Extra reinforcements are placed around all inserts, resulting in zero insert damage reports so far.