SUP BOARDER AWARD – BEST LONGBOARD SUP
High-performance Longboard that is versatile, incredibly responsive and smooth to turn.
This paddle board is inspired by our legendary Starboard Surf Longboard model, designed to perform in waves from 1ft small beach breaks to head high reef breaks. The boards offer fast down-the-line surfing, as well as the ability to perform in the critical section of the wave. These cutting-edge shapes are totally well received by our team riders and anyone who have tested them.
LOW VOLUME THINNED OUT RAILS
- Easily engage with minimal foot pressure, giving control down the wave face and hold through steeper sections of the wave.
- Ultra-responsive and sensitive to turn direction with speed and control.
Parallel straight outline in the midpoint provides a smooth fast glide that is easy to trim the board.
GRADUAL NOSE KICK
Ensures a smooth take off into waves without pearling.
FULLER NOSE OUTLINE
Gives enough float and stability to ride toes on the nose for classic Longboard styling.
RELATIVELY FLAT MIDSECTION
Delivers speed feeding into a moderate tail kick for responsive turning.
Flat deck improves stability and makes transitioning effortless from rail-to-rail allowing for drawn-out carves.
NARROW DIAMOND TAIL
Is extremely reactive in bottom turns.
- Allows the board to roll onto its rail effortlessly to turn direction from the standing area.
- The pronounced "v" tail makes turning very crisp and reactive, essential for fast bottom turns and of the top.
- After testing multiple fin positions, we chose to place the side fins very close to the rail. This enables carving with precision and hold through turns, while the center fin position gives tracking and drive.
- Can also be surfed as a single fin.
LIGHTWEIGHT, 2x FULL CARBON, STRONG AND DURABLE
- Full wrap of 150g Biaxial Carbon for its durable skin and strength, combined with a full UD Carbon wrap for additional stiffness and total breakage strength.
- Extra glass reinforcements are positioned in the critical standing area to prevent heel dents and for extra strength over sharp edges.
- New extra reinforced foil box uses a large PVC plate sandwiched between 2 x strong glass layers for the highest total breakage strength.