FLAT ROCKER = INCREASED PADDLE SPEED
NARROWER NOSE = SMOOTHER TOUCH DOWNS
CONCAVE DECK = INCREASED STABILITY
The second-generation Foil Surf range is the result of extensive testing and development between designer Clinton Filen and athletes Zane Schweitzer and Benoit Carpentier. Short lengths make it incredibly easy to travel with, combined together with foil and foil wing options. Available in 4 sizes for different rider weights and skill levels. Shorter lengths are more maneuverable , longer sizes make it easier to paddle into waves.
NARROWER NOSE OUTLINE
Faster to paddle, easier to push the nose into waves, less chance of catching the nose through turns. The widest part of the outline is quite far forwards so you can push down with your chest when paddling into waves.
Slight nose kick prevents the board from pearling with enough curve to recover touchdowns. Flat tail rocker maximizes paddle speed to help get into waves early. It also maintains the foil angle is always at 90 degrees when flying, helping to trim and maintain a balanced ride.
Packs a surprising amount of float to ride such short length and pops up easily on touch downs.
The bottom kick tail, similar to a skateboard, allows the rider to tilt the board upwards, forcing the nose to lift and release from the water. This acts as a lever to help lift the foil out of the water. It also reduces the tail touching the water when pumping and turning.
The new concave deck makes it feel much more stable and comfortable when paddling. You can now push your chest forward and really get a lot of power getting into the waves, keeping the board stable. It also makes you feel more connected to the foil with the advantage of the extra volume on the rails for stability.
Rounded vee on the nose helps prevent the nose from sticking on touch downs, instead recovering without losing too much speed. The mid-section runs into a single concave for maximum paddle speed.
10″ US BOX PLATE MOUNT
The 10” box mounts a top plate foil mast and provides flexibility to adjust the foil position based on the rider preference, skill level and wave conditions. Starboards lightweight US box is 140g lighter than market standard boxes. The foil box is positioned slightly further forwards as the boards get longer to accommodate balancing the extra swing weight.
NEW BLUE CARBON
LIGHTWEIGHT, 2x FULL CARBON, STRONG AND DURABLE
- Full wrap of 150g Biaxial Carbon for its durable skin and strength, combined with a full UD Carbon wrap for additional stiffness and total breakage strength.
- Extra glass reinforcements are positioned in the critical standing area to prevent heel dents and for extra strength over sharp edges.
- New extra reinforced foil box uses a large PVC plate sandwiched between 2 x strong glass layers for the highest total breakage strength.
THE STRONGEST RAIL EVER TESTED
- Ultra-durable, scratch and impact resistant woven 200g twill azure rail protection.
- The combination of twin T-stringers deck and bottom to protect against total breakage. The T-stringers are positioned close to the rail working like an i-beam to endure heavy drops and strong wipeouts.
- Starlite now features a full deck of 0.6mm Australian pine wood which is outside of 2 glass skins, increasing the overall total breakage strength and reducing the weight due to lower resin absorption.