2015 Starboard 12'6" X 24" Allstar Custom Carbon Sandwich SUP
Design teams face many challenges; the toughest, staying ahead of the Race Team.
Every season we provide some of the worlds most decorated paddlers with new designs; boards that have evolved. These designs need to be slightly ahead of the athlete.
We want to thank Brian Szymanski, John Becker, Bart de Zwart, Connor Baxter, Annabel Anderson and Zane Schweitzer.
STRATEGIC THOUGHT: THE CHOICE FOR A VARIETY OF CONDITIONS.
The 2015 All Stars have more width up front in combination with more pronounced bottom concaves; this increases the stability and allows us to ride more narrow, faster boards.
A benefit of a more narrow hull other than less friction, is that the paddle comes closer to the board and creates a more efficient power transfer also allowing for more strokes per side.
The lower tail and nose rocker improves acceleration into bumps and makes it especially easy to connect to the next wave.
The flat water speed is also noticeably improved with the enhanced rocker line which creates a longer, effective waterline.
* Note: All 2015 All Star Carbon Race boards have the orange logos while the Glass Technologies are green.
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Max Rider Wgt:|
|12’6”||24”||N/A||16.1”||242 L||75 kg|
|381 cm||61 cm||N/A||40.9 cm|
- Super light weight biaxial carbon is laminated over the entire hull for the lightest weight, best strength ratio and most efficient flex.
- The mid section of the board has stiffer UD Carbon side stringers to maintain the rocker in that critical area, thus optimizing glide.
- Thin high density PVC is used on the entire board minimizing resin uptake and maximizing strength. 0.6mm thick wood reinforcements are localized right below the standing platform to further enhance the longevity of the extra high density PVC sheet on the tray.
- This is the lightest and strongest race board construction we have ever offered.