Starboard 14'0"X30" Expedition Wood
After all the crossings and expeditions all over the world, Bart de Zwart
had a clear idea of the perfect expedition board.
- Fast yet stable with enough volume to carry gear and supplies.
Multi-functional: ready for a day trip with the family or
a 7-day solo adventure.
- An inside compartment is used to stow gear, water or food
and many options to tie-down even more on deck.
Plugs for towing leashes, GPS and even a deck track for windsurfing.
- Extra side fin options for windsurfing and a front rudder help to
stay on course even in windy conditions.
- Available in Wood Technology.
Bottom shape: “Round V double concave mid-section
to deep V concave tail”
- With the race bottom shape and slightly higher nose,
this board is designed to go anywhere from flat water,
to rivers to open ocean.
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Suggested Rider
|14’0”||30”||6.5”||17.0”||338 L||65-140 kg|
|426.7 cm||76.2 cm||16.5 cm||43.1 cm|
- 15 kg/m3 fused precision-molded cell core for light weight and increased water resistance.
- A 500 kg/m3 veneer of 0.6mm biaxial Australian Pine forms an outer layer on the deck resulting in extra impact resistance, rigidity and further improved overall hull integrity.
- A three-dimensional glass laminate is wetted out with high grade expanding epoxy resin. This creates a thicker impact resistant outer skin with increased overall hull strength.
- Glass rail reinforcements for extra stiffness against snapping when nose diving.
- Extra reinforcements are placed around all inserts, resulting in zero insert damage reports.
- Starboard pioneered molded wood technology in 1994 and first introduced it to their Surf and Windsurfing boards.