Starboard 10'0" X 30" Nose Rider Wood
“If you want to ‘Hang 10’, this is the board for you.”
This board offers the opportunity for graceful 1960’s nose-riding style. It combines the attributes and feel of a classic nose rider with modern high-performance stand- up paddleboarding. The board features a large and deep teardrop nose concave which enables the hull to plane out extremely well when up on the nose, resulting in a smooth, fast and stable nose-riding sensation. It catches waves like no other and sports head turning performance when riding off the tail.
The Nose Rider is equipped with a unique fin setup that optimizes stability and straight planing when on the nose, and quick turning when riding off the tail.
“Deep nose concave to flat V”
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Max Rider Wgt:|
|10’0”||30”||4.6”||15.9”||166 L||95 kg|
|304.8 cm||76.2 cm||11.7 cm||40.4 cm|
THE ORIGINAL WOOD TECHNOLOGY SINCE 1994.
- 15 kg/m3 fused cell core for light weight and increased water resistance.
- A 500 kg/m3 veneer of 0.6mm biaxial Australian Pine forms an outer layer on the deck resulting in extra impact resistance, rigidity and further improved overall hull integrity.
- A three-dimensional glass laminate is wetted out with high grade expanding epoxy resin. This creates a thicker impact resistant outer skin with increased overall hull strength.
- Glass rail reinforcements for extra stiffness against snapping when nose diving.
- Extra reinforcements are placed around all inserts, resulting in zero insert damage reports so far.
- Starboard pioneered molded wood technology in 1994 and first introduced it to their Surf and Windsurfer board lines.