Starboard SUP - ACE 12'6" x 27" - Stand Up Paddle Boards
"The proven fastest board design for choppy conditions becomes easier to surf and turn. New faster more slender models added."
The Ace concept is an amazing creation of Brian Szymanski. He started developing the ACE concept already back in 2009 and each year its becoming more evident that in choppy waters the ACE hull simply is the fastest hull around the course. Narrow hull, high walls and a NACA profile outline. A middle rocker line that glides insanely with a curved nose absorbing all chop.
Annabel Anderson did not only finish second in the men's fleet in the New York marathon, she also beat all the French male participants in the French World Tour event in 2012 and that with a 6 minute margin. Bart De Zwart won the 11 city tour, the worlds most grueling race. The Ace wins practically everywhere in choppy conditions including independent tests.
The new secrets:
For 2013 we have integrated a full size cockpit making the ACE an easy board to turn around buoys, just move your back foot back for the full pivot turn. With the flatter and wider recessed deck, it also is comfortable to walk further back for riding chop and small swell.
The narrow 23.5" models are super quick but a bit challenging, whereas the 25“ wide models provide ample stability for a confident rider.
The 27" wide versions are for heavy riders or real bumpy conditions.
Dimensions: 12'6" x 27" x 8.5" Volume: 287L
• 3/4 deck pad and windsurf option.
• Three-quarter deck pad with 4mm square-groove EVA foam in the standing area and 2mm EVA fore and aft.
• Light-weight Startouch deck traction on the nose.
• PU ding-resistant rails.
• Windsurf mast inserts on most models.
• Windsurf footstrap inserts on most boards under 10’0”.
• Boards 9’8” and shorter feature integrated EVA kicker on the tail.
• Red Starboard Hexcel center fin
• Red Starboard Hexcel side fins on Pro models.
• Starboard flex side fins on the rest.
Brushed Carbon 2013
• The ultimate experience.
• The lightest technology.
• The strongest wave boards in our offering.
• The quickest response.
• Light paint job to reduce weight and heat.
• Full deck and bottom wrap of extra high quality biaxial carbon.
• Full deck and bottom wrap of high density strong PVC foam.
• Ultra-light Startouch deck grip.
• Red Starboard Hexcel center and side fin.